Thursday, 1 June 2017

Monthly Favorites- May 2017

 ♥ ♥ ♥ Hello, I'm back!!! ♥ ♥ ♥


I missed blogging so much- writing the book reviews, the bookish posts, weekly memes, the blog tours and also the bookish chats on Twitter. So, once again, I'm trying to make an attempt to start blogging regularly. Exams are finally over, and I'm anxiously looking forward to the next chapter of my life. Hoping for the best to happen.

I read only one book last month- YOU'RE THE ONE THAT I WANT by Giovanna Fletcher


Giovanna Flecther didn't disappoint me at all, she delivered a story as fabulous as her debut novel, 'BILLY AND ME'.

YOU'RE THE ONE THAT I WANT is the story of friendship and love. It tells the story of Ben, Rob, and Maddy- who are best friends since the kindergarten. The story revolves around how both Rob and Ben fall in love with their best friend, and the dilemma following it. What struck me hugely is the realistic nature of the story development. There was nothing cheesy or unusual or it-happens-only-in-the-stories about it, Fletcher handles the plot very sensibly- I reckon that's what draws me into her stories mainly.

I was anticipating the ending throughout the story, and it was truly epic. I really liked how the story was concluded.  I strongly recommend Giovanna Fletcher's books if you enjoy contemporary or women's fiction. I will definitely be reading more books by this author.

HAVE YOU READ THIS OR ANY OF FLETCHER'S WORKS? Rating: 5/5 Goodreads

I'm currently reading THE HOBBIT by J. R. R. Tolkien and THE SECRETS AT THE MAPLE SYRUP FARM by Rebecca Raisin, one of my favorite chicklit writers :)

What are you reading? Have you found any new favorite book? Do tell me.

Love,
♥ Ria

No comments:

Post a Comment