January 04, 2017

When the Reading Became Too Slow | Monthly-Wrapup


Never been a slow reader before, unless I was in a state of having a horrible reading slump; yet my reading was sluggish in the month of December. Even though not bustled as the holidays usually are, the days were busy enough with the family functions and some unplanned get-together to get into. I was feeling ecstatic whole day with all the fun, food, merriness and the excitement - still, the only thing I wanted to do after coming home was to crash into my bed and have a good sleep.

The other days were spent on ticking off things from the to-do list. The reading hours were replaced with tasks, that had to be done before 2016 was gone forever. And, three impromptu trips with the cousins and family in the last week of December sucked out the whole energy from me. Though I had carried books with me everywhere I went, no reading was done. In short,  I read only ONE book last month.

 A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES 



Saying 'I Loved it' would be such an understatement; I devoured this book, couldn't literally put it down until I had reached the last page. ACOTAR is the first Sarah J. Mass book I read, so is the first retelling of 'Beauty & the Beast'. I can tell you, without any doubt, ACOTAR is the top most favourite book I read in 2016. It was everything I did expect from a 'good book' and much more... I feel indebted to Sarah J. Mass for writing this amazing book. SO.MUCH.IN.LOVE with this book!!!

Have you read this book? Did you like it or not? If you haven't yet, please read it and let me know what you think of it. There were two particular events that I found a tad awkward, however, it was all forgotten once the story had me hooked. I'm looking forward to reading the second book- A COURT OF MIST AND FURY before May i.e; before the third book comes out in Summer.

And that's wrap-up to the 2016.

Happy New Year to All!
 photo sig_zpsuzho4knp.png

No comments:

Post a Comment