September 19, 2016

Books to Read before November Ends


What does Autumn/Fall remind me of? Nothing. Period. To me, it exists only in the books. I have only experienced it through the author's imagination. I smell the pumpkin spiced latte, enjoy the warm evening sun, harvest apples, bake- off scrumptious dishes, feel the crunch of fallen leaves beneath my foot and even get ready for winter, along with the characters in the book. Oh, right! And all that Halloween fun as well. It's awfully sad, the region where I live doesn't get a chance to enjoy that delightful weather.

SO, as always, I'm planning to read a couple of Fall season books in these coming two months (Not last year, though. I was carried off by the novelty of Netgalley experience last year). I've selected books from different genres this year; women's fiction, fantasy, thriller, classics, mysteries and so on. Scroll down to see the book list and let me know, if we have any in common. 

1. A MONSTER CALLS by PATRICK NESS
It was on my radar ever since I read Susan's review. I intended to purchase an illustrated version, but only the paperback was available on Amazon. Decided to glance through a few chapters last day, and now I've finished almost half of the book. It's fascinating and heartwarming at the same time. Also, the movie is coming out in December, so wish to read it before it hits the theatres.

2. DRACULA by BRAM STOKER
Thinking back, I realise that I haven't read Dracula. I watched the movie in my childhood, but never bothered to read the novel for some unknown reason. Don't think I was afraid of Dracula Since I never ever was. He always cracks me up, instead. Pretty strange,right? So, maybe this year, I'll read his original story.

3. THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW by WASHINGTON IRVING
I never finished reading this book, since I made the mistake of watching the movie first. Also the fact that my copy is a PDF file spoiled the mood and stopped me from further reading it. It's just 41 pages long, can be finished it in a single day. So, I'll give it an another go this year.

4. THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN by PAULA HAWKINS
Bought it two months back, from a bookseller in the train. It's a well-praised thriller for it's intricate, complex and brilliant plot. The movie, starring Emily Blunt, will be released soon. It's on everybody's Fall list, so is in mine too. 

5. HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE by J. K. ROWLING
What if I tell you I'm going to read it for the very first time. Yes. You heard me - FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME. Many tell me how much they envy my chance to feel all the magic of Hogwarts for the first time, they are not aware of the fact that I'm drowning in shame for not reading them yet. I'll partially blame it on the movies and partially on the truth that I was banned from reading it. 

6. THE NIGHT STALKER by ROBERT BRYNDZA
This is the second book in the series #DCI ERIKA FOSTER by Robert Bryndaza, the author of the international #1 bestseller THE GIRL IN THE ICE- a book that I immensely enjoyed at the beginning of this year. I should have finished his next novel already, but have been keeping aside to read it after the exams, so I can devour it in just one-sitting. 

7. CELEBRATIONS AND CONFETTI AT CEDARWOOD LODGE by REBECCA RAISIN
Eagerly waiting for this book, for I know Rebecca Raisin never fails at delivering a wonderful, heartwarming story. The cover looks spectacular and I can't honestly wait to read it.

8. I PROMISE YOU THIS by PATRICIA SANDS
I haven't heard anyone talking about her books, it's rather sad because I am so obsessed with Patricia Sands's #LOVE IN PROVENCE series. I've already waxed lyrical about how much I love these books. The last book ended on a sad note, have to read the next book to find out more. A MUST-READ if you love reading stories set in the South of France.

9. THE SCARLET HOUR by ANDREA L WELLS
It's an another underrated series, that I can't stop talking about. Have waited a whole year for the next book, happy that the next installment is out in October. It's the story of werewolves - the only werewolf story I've read and loved to the core.

10. DEAD LAWYER'S DON'T LIE by MARK NOLAN
Received it from the author in exchange for an honest review. Read a couple of chapters, sounds intriguing and refreshing. Just waiting for a break in between the exams to peruse it.

Don't promise that I'll be reading all these aforementioned books, as leisure time has become a rare commodity in life, lately. I do have an eye on many Festive books too. It'll be great if I can read at least five books from my list.

What does Autumn/Fall mean to you? Which are the books in your Fall list? Which is your favorite Autumn Read and why?
LET'S CHAT!
 photo sig_zpsuzho4knp.png