Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Blog Tour: A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love by Linn B Halton

Hello, there!
Absolutely delighted to be a part of the Blog Tour for Linn B Halton's A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love. It is hosted by the lovely Debbie of Brook Cottage Books. Scroll down to read my review (forgive if you think I was just rambling, BECAUSE I LOVED THIS BOOK and don't know how to put it in words. So, please...) and try your luck to win a £25 Amazon Voucher or a Cupcake themed Swag Bag. Wonderful, right?

A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love: With Cupcakes, Coffee, and Karma
Author: Linn B Halton
Genre: Chick-lit
Format: Kindle
Publication Date: January 15th, 2016
Publishers: Choc Lit
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US

A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love
Life isn’t all love and cupcakes …
Katie has had her fair share of bad luck, but when she finally realises her dream of opening a bakery it seems things can only get better.
But the reality of running a business hits Katie hard and whilst her partner, Steve, tries to help she begins to sense that the situation is driving them further apart. Could Katie be set to lose her relationship and her dream job?
Then, one winter’s day, a man walks into her shop – and, in the space of that moment, the course of Katie’s life is changed.
But nobody finds happiness in the blink of an eye. Sometimes it takes two Christmases, three birthdays and a whole lot of cake to get there …
Previously released as Sweet Occasions by the author. Revised and edited by Choc Lit December 2015.
It is always the hype that does the trick. When everybody starts talking about a particular book, I do have a tendency to buy and read it soon. I can hardly resist the temptation to get my hands on them as soon as possible. I couldn't miss the opportunity this time since I had always wanted to read Linn B Halton's works. Thus, I said "yes" immediately to this blog tour opportunity. How glad I am about the decision now; The Absolutely Delightful reading experience was it.
 photo hh_zpsnyblx0su.png
Katie is running a cake shop, which is the only source of her happiness at present. Things are falling apart with her business and life partner, Steve. She is in a dilemma about not knowing how to face the problems. But everything may change now... Adams, a stranger turned to a customer is distracting Katie's attention from troubles. She feels happy and comfortable with him and his daughter, Lilly. A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love: With Cupcakes, Coffee and Karma tells the story of how Katie and Adam found their true happiness for the second time.
 photo hi_zpsedoggjep.png
Adams is my favorite character in this book. A doting father with a charming persona and a nimiety of goodness of heart. He truly cares for his beloved daughter, Lilly, and Grandma Grace. Adams life has always been about others. He lives for them, looks after them and worries about making things perfect for them. He rests when he can put a smile on their face. In short, Adams is a selfless man. I always fall for that type of heroes. Nevertheless, Adams also had troubles facing up his own problems. The troubled past stopped him from enjoying his life. That's okay... We all go through such situations. Only time can heal those wounds. We need some time to let things go and embrace new changes. And Linn B Halton's hero did the exact same thing. He endured, waited, let things go and accepted the changes at the correct time. Perfect! 

Katie and Adams are alike; they bottle up the feelings and emotions when it's concerned about others. They hate to upset the dear ones. I could relate to her on that as I had gone through similar situations a couple of times. Those matters will torture our mind, destroy the peace, and that suffocating feeling will kill the happiness. That's the most annoying feeling. Argh! There were many times that I  really wanted her to open up her mouth and speak boldly. I was really happy when she finally poured her heart out. 

Grandma Grace- the one who takes hold of situations to own hands and make it work rather than just waiting for it to happen. Positiveness, isn't it? I really liked Grace, except when she talked to "Ghosts". My eyes misted over whilst reading her last part in the story. Katie and Adams HEA would have gone awry if she was not there in it. 

All the characters were nice and likable. Lilly was so sweet, Hazel was supportive and ... Oh, not Steve. Initially, I felt sympathy for him. Later, when Katie found out she was being cheated on, I felt that Steven deserved what he got. 
                          photo 21235-NT7X5J_zpslaoq0bcd.png
UNPUTDOWNABLE. Either it happened because I missed reading chick-lit books or it's the story. I reckon it's the latter one, seemingly. I picked up a couple of interesting and engrossing stories this month; then also I had no difficult to dodge between devouring those books and other activities. But I was literally tied up to Linn B Halton's A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love. I didn't dare to move from my place before finishing it. I just ate gobbled it up. How can I describe the feeling? SATIATED is the word, I think. It's a book that fills your heart with so much warmth, loads of love, a plateful of happiness, and leaves a genuine smile on the face.

Did the title say CUPCAKES? BAKERY? I already knew that I would like the story even before reading it. This time, it was all about reading a Linn B Halton's book. She was on my list ever since THE COTTAGE IN THE COUNTRY was published. I was definitely overjoyed to get a review copy of her book. You see, I was reading it, analyzing, and taking notes at the same time. I had so many expectations from this author. Often, the high expectation kills my enjoyment. But this time, Linn B Halton won my heart with her writing. Such a heartwarming story she has written. It was written from different perspectives, thus, it made easy to get to know each of them. The first thing that came to my mind after finishing it was the writer Jenny Hale's name. Their stories are kind of similar, though I can't explain why it seems so. Words fail me when it comes to Jenny Hale's work and that's the same emotion A Little Sugar, A Lot of Love also gave me. Sheesh! Am I making any sense at all?

Though, the story held my interest till the last page, it made me a tidbit confused too. Throughout the first half of the story, I felt that Katie was falling out of love with Steve. Sounded like Hazel's "clever bullying" talks were like adding fuel to the fire. The whole thing appeared higgledy-piggledy to me and was wondering whose side, I should take on. Once the truths were out of Hazel's mouth, the matters became clear. And the Ghost's part as well. I do sometimes imagine a small conversation with my late Grandparents in my mind. But I never really see them. Oh! I don't want to SEE them :P When Grace talked to her late husband, I thought it was just her imagination. But when Lilly SAW THEM???!! Really? I don't know what to say about that...

Besides these, I absolutely loved everything about this book. The course of true love does take time; over many cups of coffee and a boxful of cupcakes and a few cake orders, it develops into a sweet relationship.I would have loathed it if it was a love at first sight. I also liked when Katie went with Adams. We shouldn't give up on our dreams and also shouldn't let others change us. We will end up regretting it years later. After all, the relationship is all about accepting each other as they are. Right? I realize how wise was Grace's decision; bringing them together did give them their HEA. Don't forget to check it out if you are looking for a cozy, sweet, or perfect read. This is the one! I also recommend it if you like Jenny Hale's books. 
 photo border_zpslabc11c2.jpg

About LINN B HALTON
“I’m a hopeless romantic, self-confessed chocaholic, and lover of coffee. For me, life is about family, friends, and writing. Oh, and the occasional glass of White Grenache…”

An Amazon UK Top 100 best-selling author with A Cottage in the Country in November 2015, Linn’s novels have been short-listed in the UK’s Festival of Romance and the eFestival of Words Book Awards. Linn won the 2013 UK Festival of Romance: Innovation in Romantic Fiction award. Linn writes chick lit, women’s contemporary fiction and psychic romance for Choc Lit, Harper Impulse and Endeavour Press.


Happy Reading!
 photo sig_zpsuzho4knp.png