September 27, 2015

Review: The Violet Hour by Andrea L. Wells

The Violet Hour #1
Author: Andrea L. Wells
Genre: Paranormal, YA
Page Length: 324 Pages
Publication Date: May 11th 2015
Publishers: Infinity Publishers
Goodreads | Amazon

Still shocked over her mother’s mysterious death, California socialite Logan Keller is handed a one-way ticket to her long lost roots in Wyoming where love, deceit and danger await. Though she could forget everything staring into Luke Callahan’s eyes, Logan is quickly thrust into a fight for survival. Taking fate into her own hands, she begins unraveling the dangerous deceptions that abound at every turn. Her father is keeping secrets and Luke is keeping more. But Logan is keeping the biggest secret of them all. 

The Violet Hour is a page-turning captivating twist of young romance and the paranormal.

I could not put it down! Yes, I can sum up my review in that one sentence. I was never a fan of Paranormal books, haven't even read the Twilight series. I won this book through a Rafflecopter Giveaway and I had set my mind to give it a try as soon as I got time to sit with it. When I did, I just devoured the entire book.

Logan Keller has lost her Mom, who was a famous model and actress. Her step-dad sends her to Wyoming, where her Daddy is staying with new wife, Katherine. There, she meets dad's three adopted sons; Jack, Jesse, and Luke. Logan befriends Luke immediately and finds herself falling for him. She starts enjoying the new life at Dad's home, but she is equally disturbed by the scary, vague dreams and anxious to find out the truths they are hiding from her. Can she bear to hear the horrifying truth about her, Luke, and her beloved family?...

I was hooked on to the story from the starting to the end. The story begins with how Logan deals with her Mom's death, a sentimental chapter at the start. The story is described from Logan's perspective. Thus, it was easy to know how shattered she was, could easily understand her. The following chapters tells the beautiful relationship between her and Luke and how Logan fits into the new life. Delightful! I loved Luke and how he cared for Logan. I am being biased. Luke is my favorite character in this novel, not Logan Keller. 

Then, the novel slowly discloses the secret behind the unusual behavior of the characters. I was surprised to find out the werewolf theme, 'cause I did not know what to expect from this kind of novels. I liked the plot line. My heart was pounding heavily and I was turning the pages quickly to know what would happen next. Andrea's writing style is easy to fall into; with vivid descriptions and flawless, well-paced writing style. I was eager to know the end as much as I did not wish the story to end. I want more Luke and Logan stories. 

I liked Logan. She is a strong character. She chooses to move ahead in life, despite the adversities in her life. She forgives everyone, especially to Dad. She faces the challenges alone and comes out of it as the real heroine. I enjoyed her character development; from a feeble, struggling teenager girl to the ultimate powerful protagonist. I also liked her Parents and adopted brothers. This book is really interesting, you will not have a dull moment. It has a hopeful ending, which is also a new beginning. I enjoyed it. But, I needed a little more detail on the enemies. I wished to know how powerful Logan and Luke really are. Maybe, the next book will satisfy me with those details.  

Please read The Violet Hours, if you like Paranormal Books. You will love it, as I did. Right now, I am waiting for the news on the next book in the series...

Thanks Andrea for this fantastic novel!

My Rating: 4.5/ 5 (I Loved It!)
Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! Thank you, Ria! Seriously. Thank you. This is a wonderful review and I'm SO thrilled that you enjoyed The Violet Hour!

    ReplyDelete